Schools as Ecosystems
After germinating the seed of the idea, I blogged for nearly a decade, some in collaboration with a fellow NYC Teaching Fellow, Will Johnson, riffing on the metaphor of a school as an ecosystem.
Here are posts in which the seed was planted that shaped the idea:
- An Analogy: Growing Healthy Food and Children
- Public Schools as Ecosystems: Part I
- Public Schools as Ecosystems: Part II
- Public Schools as Ecosystems: Part III
And here are reposts of some of the fruit of that thinking in the form of the following posts:
- What will it take to improve the conditions for learning in our schools?
- The Influence of Acoustics on Learning
- The Influence of Greenery on Learning
- The Influence of Air Quality on Health and Learning
For many, many more posts on ideas near and sunder on schools as ecosystems, refer to the OG blog: Schools as Ecosystems